Saturday, December 24, 2011

This guy is great

Which guy is great? 

My husband, Ryan.

When I write on this blog or tell stories (which I love to do, by the way), I feel like Ryan comes across as this elusive but ever-stable and wonderful man. 

It's true.  Except for the elusive part.  I feel like I know Ryan quite well.  That's for the best, I suppose, considering we are married.  

Ryan is an amazing man and husband.  We have been married for nearly two and a half years.  When we got married, I had no idea how much of a leap of faith I was taking and no idea of how great things would truly become.  He is patient, loving, generous, easy-going, intellectual, a great listener, funny, and a man after the will and heart of God.

Ryan and I have opposite Myers-Briggs letters (I am an ENFP, he is an ISTJ) and I think that pretty much makes us the poster children (or adults, really, as we are in our mid-twenties) for complimentary relationships.  My friends who knew me in college can smile along with me as I say God gave me Ryan, whom I needed; not someone else, whom I wanted.  I had a crush during my collegiate years on a great guy who was suspiciously a lot like me.  That can work for some, as God has no limits, but as Ryan has emphatically noted, our relationship does not need more of Emily.   

Ryan and I have had a few mini-photo sessions of ourselves so we could send out Christmas cards, which could be another post entirely, but I will save you the drama and just post pretty pictures of us, courtesy of his sister Elizabeth and his dad.  Enjoy :) 





This is our official Christmas card picture!


2 comments:

  1. you two are just so adorable! LOVE the photos--a great-looking, God-fearing couple for sure!! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas Emily! (and Ryan) :)

    ReplyDelete