Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year Should at Least Be Noted


Happy New Year!

I'm only eight days late in wishing you such tidings but the Magi in the Bible didn't celebrate Christmas/Jesus' birth until Jesus was probably a toddler, and if they were considered wise, I feel like I should be okay.

I usually make resolutions/goals at the beginning of the school year and thus don't have any great plans to share.  However, creating and keeping this blog going was one of those goals so in just putting up this small bit of information, I am actually fufilling such a promise to myself and allowing you to read a blog post.  Brilliant!

To keep things fairly simple, I thought I could post a few pictures from Christmas and share just a smidge about the holiday.

Ryan and I started our 3rd Christmas together with our traditional only-us dinner. Each year, we make really good food and dress up and exchange gifts with each other. Observe:  




Our first Christmas together! 2009


Another Christmas, another bridesmaid dress.  2010
Celebrating in Illinois in 2011


This year's menu included pecan-crusted shrimp with a mildly spicy orange dipping sauce, green beans and onions sauteed with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, homemade clam chowder and bread sticks and sparkling juice to finish it off.  We also enjoyed Haagen-Daaz later in the evening. 



We then spent Christmas with my family and then with Ryan's family and finally arrived back at our apartment on January 2nd.  As my facebook status read shortly after our arrival back to campus, it's great to travel but it's very great to be home.  This rang especially true for me this year. 

I hope you have had an excellent holiday season!

Cheers to the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment